TWITTER

Don't miss the many ride stories and photos of members in the articles below.

Also, be sure to go to the archives section to see more than 200 posts of members bikes and stories.

Search This Site-For an Old Article - Just type a keyword in and hit the search button.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Best Motorcycle Shop in Southern Oregon










"Oregon's Best Motorsports" is the name of a shop in Grant's Pass, Oregon. Aaron is the name of the guy who took my phone call and got me in and out of the shop in record time.

I spent a frustrating Monday with a flat tire (that happened on Sunday). I had my computer and internet access, a Blackberry, and local folks to help, but there is no dang way in heck to get a flat tire fixed in southern Oregon on either a Sunday or a Monday. This point should be pointed out to all buyers of bikes and they should have to sign a waiver that they've been told this.

Anyway....on Tuesday when the world of bike shops was finally opened.....I called a few, including the Honda dealer in Medford, Oregon (my bike is a Honda VTX 1300S). They were cold and indifferent. I've been a loyal Honda guy since switching from Harley a few years ago. But, I'm thinking hard about that loyalty now. When you're away from home, it doesn't seem to carry much weight.

When I called Oregon's Best Motorsports in Grants Pass, Oregon, I was lucky enough to get Aaron(in the picture w. black hat). He was all about being nice, and told me that he'd get me in as soon as I got there. AND.....he did! In and out in roughly 90 minutes. Thank you Aaron....thanks to all at Oregon's Best.....I'll be telling people about you guys for a long time to come.

AND...also BIG KUDO's to the folks at Precision Towing in Rogue River. They were extremely nice and I had a great ride with them in their tow rig from Rogue River to Grant's Pass. Real Pro's also.....that's my bike on their flatbed...nice and safe and tucked right in for the ride.

The last photo.....my bike....with new Metzler tire on back......ready to ride! After 1 1/2 days of living with the flat......this was a site for sore eyes.

Thanks again Aaron.

No comments:

1913 Harley Davidson - Complete Look including watching it run!

Read all the way down, and check the archives section. LOTS of great ride stories and photos!

Be sure to go to the 'Archives' on the right side of this page. There are hordes of great ride stories in 2009/2008.

You can use the 'search' button on the top righthand side of the page to find a specific article or see what's available on a specific subject.

There's a very well written story about riding around Kyushu Island Japan and ending at "The Sturgis of Japan", or ride along with John and the Muskogee Motorcycle Club back in the 'old' days.....in a story from John Merriam, or how about following Peter Galea, Francis Galea and myself as we ride from Seattle to Las Vegas?

Much more! Just go to the search bar and type a search, or spend time going thru the archives (on the lower right side) to see many stories and pictures. Ride Safe, brothers and sisters!